Luke D. Whetstone
Luke Whetstone primarily focuses his practice on commercial litigation, labor and employment, professional liability and commercial carrier liability.
A Shreveport native, Luke is a 2009 graduate of C.E. Byrd High School and a 2012 alumnus of Louisiana State University where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology. He obtained his law degree from the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center where he was a member of the Moot Court Board.
Luke is admitted to practice law in all Louisiana state and federal courts, as well as the U.S. Bankruptcy District Court for the Western District of Louisiana. He is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, the Shreveport Bar Association, the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, and the Harry V. Booth-Judge Henry A. Politz American Inn of Court.
Outside of the practice, Luke is an active member of the Shreveport Bar Association Pro Bono Project and enjoys volunteering with the various high school mock trial competitions.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Commercial Carrier Liability
- Professional Liability
- Commercial Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Louisiana, 2016
- U.S. Western District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Board
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Louisiana Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Shreveport Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Association of Nonprofit Organizations Community Leaders Program (2019)