Samuel W. Caverlee
Mr. Caverlee’s practice principally involves civil litigation, medical malpractice, eminent domain and commercial litigation. His practice includes serving as a mediator. He received his undergraduate and law degrees from Louisiana State University. Mr. Caverlee was admitted to practice in 1971. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. He is a Master Bencher in the Harry V. Booth and Judge Henry A. Politz American Inn of Court. He was named The Best Lawyers in America® from 2003-2012 for Professional & Medical Malpractice Law and Personal Injury Litigation, and was named the Best Lawyers’ 2013 Shreveport Personal Injury Litigation Defendants “Lawyer of the Year.” He is listed by SuperLawyers as having attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement in the areas of Personal Injury Defense: General, Transportation/Maritime, and Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice. He is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Civil litigation
- Legal Malpractice
- Eminent Domain
- Medical Malpractice
- Commercial Litigation
- Louisiana, 1971
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1972
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1974
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
- Mediation Certificate, Pepperdine Law School, 2013
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, J.D.
- Louisiana State University, B.A.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Shreveport Bar Association
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, Louisiana Bar Foundation
- The Best Lawyers in America