Preparing to Meet with an Attorney
The following is a list of documents you should copy and provide to your attorney if you are suing someone or being sued.
- Summons and Complaint from the other side
- All files regarding the other party
- All correspondence with or regarding the other party
- All insurance policies
- Incorporation documents
- Calendars or day times if they refer to the other party
- Phone logs and message pads if they refer to the other party
- Purchase orders
- E-mails from the other side
- Documentation relating to any product at issue
- An employee with knowledge of the events in the litigation
- Tax returns
- Financial statements
- Canceled checks
- Bills or invoices
- Employee files
- Files from previous litigation
- Files from previous attorneys
Additional information, such as a description of the events leading up to the lawsuit, history of your relationship with the other parties involved and past agreements should also be shared with your attorney.
Copyright © 2011 FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business
DISCLAIMER: This site and any information contained herein are intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Seek competent legal counsel for advice on any legal matter.