ALBERT M. HAND JR.
Mr. Hand’s practice primarily involves products liability, environmental and toxic tort litigation. Mr. Hand attended Vanderbilt University and received his undergraduate, masters, and law degrees from Louisiana State University, where he was a member of the Louisiana Law Review. He was admitted to practice in Louisiana in 1978. Prior to joining the firm in 1979, he served as law clerk to the Honorable Ben C. Dawkins, Jr., Senior United States District Judge for the Western District of Louisiana. Mr. Hand is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. He is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Past employment positions include Honorable Ben C. Dawkins, Jr., Senior United States District Judge for the Western District of Louisiana, Law Clerk.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Products Liability
- Toxic Tort Litigation
- Louisiana, 1978
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1978
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Louisiana State University B. A. , M. A.
- Law Review: Louisiana Law Review, Member
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Recognized in “Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business” in the area of Environment Litigation
- Best Lawyers, Environmental Litigation
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Shreveport Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- 85% of Practice Devoted to Litigation