Luke D. Whetstone
Luke Whetstone primarily focuses his practice on labor and employment, commercial litigation, professional liability, and commercial carrier liability.
A Shreveport native, Luke is a 2009 graduate of C. E. Byrd High School and a 2012 alumnus of Louisiana State University where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology. He obtained his law degree in 2016 from the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center, where he was a member of the Moot Court Board.
Luke is admitted to practice law in all Louisiana state and federal courts, as well as the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Louisiana. He is a member of the Shreveport Bar Association, the Louisiana State Bar Association, the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, and the Harry V. Booth-Judge Henry A. Politz American Inn of Court.
Outside of the practice, Luke is an active member of the Shreveport Bar Association and enjoys volunteering with the various high school mock trial competitions.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Labor and Employment
- Commercial Litigation
- Professional Liability
- Commercial Carrier Liability
- Louisiana, 2016
- Arkansas, 2019
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- U. S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Board
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Shreveport Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Secretary 2019
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Harry V. Booth-Judge Henry A. Politz American Inn of Court
- Northwest Louisiana Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)