Marianne C. Boston
Marianne Cosse Boston is an AV-rated lawyer who has more than 20 years of experience in civil litigation and appellate practice. Marianne has represented both individuals and companies concerning a wide variety of civil matters. Marianne graduated from Louisiana State University in 1986 and from The University of Alabama, School of Law in 1991. Marianne was Lead Articles Editor for The Alabama Law Review and was a member of The Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society. Marianne has served as Law Clerk/Staff Attorney to the Honorable Alva Hugh Maddox, Senior Justice, The Supreme Court of Alabama, and has worked as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Georgia in the Civil Rights Division.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Commercial Litigation
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Oil and Gas/Energy Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Medical Malpractice
- Alabama, 1991
- Georgia, 1997
- Louisiana, 2011
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, J.D. (1991);
- Alabama Law Review – Lead Articles Editor;
- Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society;
- Third Year Research Assistant for Professor of Torts.
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, B.A. (1986).
- Seminar Presenter: The Louisiana State Bar: Defending the Big Case from Start to Finish, 2013, Panel Discussion.
- Seminar Presenter: The Shreveport Bar Association: Recent Developments by the Judiciary, 2012, “Social Media/E-Discovery.”
- Seminar Presenter: National Business Institute, 2002, “National Environmental Policy Act in Georgia.”
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Jones Law School, Montgomery, Alabama, 1994-1995.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Shreveport Bar Association, Shreveport, Louisiana, (2011-present); 2015 Secretary/Treasurer; 2014 Secretary/Treasurer Elect; 2013 Law Day Chairman.
- Harry V. Booth American Inns of Court Member, Shreveport Louisiana, (2012 to present): Barrister; Team Leader.
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association