Careers at Cook, Yancey, King & Galloway: Paralegals and Legal Secretaries
Cook Yancey is committed to maximizing opportunities for individual satisfaction and attracting and retaining employees who share our values, fairness, diversity in background and interests, consideration for others, integrity and positive attitude.
Our attorneys are supported by, and have the privilege of working with the best support staff the area has to offer, which include legal assistants, secretaries, receptionists, accounting clerks, file clerks and runners. Cook Yancey’s support staff is made up of forty professionals with varied skills and backgrounds. The typical Cook Yancey support staff employee has been with the firm more than five years with several employees having twenty or more years of service. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where our employees can continue to develop and succeed both professionally and personally.
We offer development training, cutting edge technology, an expansive benefits package and competitive salaries, and most important, a work environment that is recognized as being a great place to work!
If you are interested in joining our growing team who strive to provide the utmost excellence in service to our clients, please send your resume to:
Gaye H. Garbarino
Human Resources Manager
333 Texas Street, Suite 1700
P.O. Box 22260
Shreveport, LA 71120-2260
Fax Direct: 318.227.7768
Paralegal Legal Assistant
A prestigious downtown law firm in Shreveport is seeking a paralegal/legal assistant for the firm’s managing shareholder. The paralegal will assist attorneys in organizing various legal documents for upcoming cases and trials. Their main duties includes finalizing and filing pleading with courts, initial drafting of discovery responses, drafting correspondence, maintain electronic file for each client, maintain indexes of all document productions, maintain daily calendar, and assist with organizational tasks as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- 2 or 4 year degree required
- At least 2 years of legal experience
The firm has a great benefit package with a competitive salary offered based on experience.
A position is open for a paralegal in a fast-paced litigation group. 2+ years’ experience required, insurance defense experience preferred. The paralegal will work directly with the attorneys to prepare and in approved cases appear in court for upcoming cases, get involved in fact-finding projects, and be responsible for maintaining an index system for all case files. Must also be a team player, problem solver, and detail-oriented. Someone with great organizational and communication skills, and that’s committed to helping us meet all of our client’s needs.
Daily tasks include requesting and summarizing medicals, drafting and answering discovery requests, and general case management responsibilities. This position requires working closely with a group of attorneys in the handling of their cases. Great benefits with a competitive salary offered based on experience.
Cook Yancey is seeking a Legal Secretary/Assistant to join a fast-paced team.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 2 to 5 years of experience in the legal field
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work within strict deadlines
- Basic math skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-based setting with other secretaries/paralegals supporting a group of attorneys
- Insurance defense experience is most helpful
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring calendars
- Preparing documents and correspondence
- Enhancing attorneys’ effectiveness by establishing and organizing files
- Opening new matters
- Transcribing audio files
- E-file court filings
- Document management and organization
Pay is commensurate with qualifications.
Interested applicants can send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Application for Employment
Click here to download our Employment Application.
For benefits and more information, please contact Gaye Garbarino by e-mail , or by phone at (318) 227-7815.
I’ve worked with some amazing attorneys in my career, but I found the perfect fit here. There is nothing like working with people of integrity; from the most senior partner to the newest support staff. The work ethic and the firm’s commitment to community involvement makes this feel like more than a job. It’s amazing how easy it is to give your best when you know you’re a part of something you can be truly proud of.
I have been a part of Cook Yancey for 28 years. During this time I have been given great opportunities to use my potential to the fullest. Working here has taught me some wonderful lessons and helped shape me as an individual not only in the work force, but in life in general. It has been a privilege to work alongside these attorneys and support staff.